#5 Satellite and Radar Interpretation
In this class we'll decipher the plethora of information available from satellite and radar technology.
You will learn:
- Types of satellite imagery
- Accessing satellite images
- Identifying cloud types from satellite images
- Assessing the winds from clouds
- How weather radar works
- Accessing weather radar
- Cells vs Lines
- Forecasting time of passage
- Video: 50 minute lecture with Chris Bedford & Peter Isler
- Presentation notes
- Review of Quiz
- Resource material
Course created by:
Marine Weather University
Marine Weather University is designed to help you further your knowledge of weather - tailored to a marine focus. Classes cover a variety of essential topics employing a combination of lectures, quizzes and resource material. Full courses are configured to provide a well rounded education so you have the tools to really understand what you can see on the water, in the sky and on the internet.
Marine Weather University is a collaboration of veteran sailing meteorologist, Chris Bedford and world-class sailor and best selling author, Peter Isler.